Thursday, April 30, 2020

Injustice Year 2


I'm assuming you're going into this series having played the Injustice game. With that assumption in mind this 2nd book (as Im sure most will be) is incredibly painful. There's so much hope and you're rooting for them to win even though you already know the eventual outcome.

This was honestly pretty great though. The art was amazing, and the story was incredible. There's a couple of things I wanted to point out I liked.

It was cool how they made use of the visual media that is comics to have Sinestro telling his backstory that sounds sympathetic, but the panels reveal him twisting the truth so we, the reader, know what really happened. I really liked that part.

I love Black Canary being a bad ass bitch, standing up to Superman, making his ears bleed.She was my favorite part about this book and happens to be my favorite part about Injustice 2!

I've never much cared for Commissioner Gordon, I understand why here's there and I kinda just let him do his thing. But DAMN did they make him look good. He was awesome, powerful (in the human spirit, and then with the Superman pills) and it was an amazing send off to him. Hats off to you Commissioner.

The chapter with Sinestro and GL was interesting, I liked how they both basically agreed they didnt trust anyone to have this weapon, including Superman. Though I didnt really know what was happening or what the weapon was , the message was clear.

One of my favorite things about Injustice is that Lex Luthor is actually a good guy. I like that this is his true character all along, to fight for and save humanity against aliens. And its cool to see his character in the right for once, will logical reasoning.

Lets get to the GREAT storytelling, but things that hurt me/ made me angry. (It was done on purpose, this isn't negatives lol)
THEY KILLED THE SQUIRREL :( thats all Ill say about that...RIP Ch'p.

 Honestly...Hal Jordan, went from a straight up idiot, to my most hated character. In Injustice 2, I see why no one wanted to forgive him. Fck Hal Jordan.

Lastly, let's end it on the serious dissection and point of this book. The Green Lantern war stemmed from the concept of the GL Corp letting planets do what they do to itself and each other. They are guardians, but they protect outside enemies from destroying a planet, but dont dictate what a planet does to itself. Is this Wise? I dont know, but its an interesting debate and makes for a complicated argument that fueled this book and made it so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment