Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Mid Year Freak Out

1. Best book you've read so far?
I would definitely say the Mistborn trilogy (yeah its not one) but they were amazing together once everything falls into place and what was foreshadowed clicks, you're just left mind-blown. For arguments sake I would say The Final Empire would be my favorite. I loved the star wars rag tag team plot.


2.The Best Sequel you've read so far?
Oh look its Mistborn again. Specifically The Hero of Ages, it was breathtaking. Literally I was a tearing up in the end. (So you know you'll this will be here later.)



3.New release you haven't read yet, but want to?
Peace and Turmoil by Elliot Brooks. Its a chonker and I haven't had the time to invest into it yet.



4.Most anticipated release second half of the year?
Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell, the sequel to Carry On. I cant believe this is getting a sequel and Im ready for it. Also Red Skies Falling by Alex London, sequel to Black Wings Beating (which you'll see later)



5.Biggest Disappointment?
Zodiac by Romina Russell. I decided to pick this one because I had no expectation coming into this book. (Usually that's why people put books on Disappointing lists because of what they expect to have received) She could have written anything with this cover and Zodiac plot idea, but she didnt write a good story. It's actually what sparked me into starting audiobooks because I couldn't bare to waste more of my timing trying to read this physically.


6.Biggest Surprise?
So instead of picking Mistborn again and saying "wow! i was so surprised I loved this!" Im going to say something different (and controversial) My biggest surprise after reading the first two Lord of the Rings novels is how they managed to make such good movies out of them. The books were so slow and it didn't feel like much was happening, I have to really give it to the film creators that they were able to make a mega motion picture franchise from the material.


7.Favorite New Author?
Easy. Brandon Sanderson. His Mistborn trilogy impressed me so much. Im already going to be starting second era, Way of Kings, and I still need to get to Skyward. Im ready!

8.Newest fictional crush?
Alex Claremont-Diaz from Red White and Royal Blue. He was so fun, and smart and I definitely loved following his journey.


9. Favorite new character?
Ben from What If It's Us. I had to stare at my "books read" this year for a while, trying to decide between Vin of Mistborn or Alex again from Red White and Royal Blue. Then I really thought about it and decided on Ben. Probably because he was most relatable to me. He does a lot of the same stuff I do. Hes a writer, plays the Sims. He was just so real and I really liked him, wish I could be his friend in real life.


10. Book that makes you cry?
Refer to number two. The end of The Hero of Ages had me stopping to just think about what happened, teared up, smiled. It was bitter-sweet for sure.


11.A book that made you happy?
A toss up between Running with Lions by Julien Winters and Red White and Royal Blue(again). I think RW&RB made me smile and laugh more but Running with Lions took me back to simple high school years. It was just fun and feel good.


12. Prettiest book 
you've bought?
Im going to go with one of the ones I've read because Ive bought alot of books this year with pretty covers. Black Wings Beating hands down has to win. Its how it even drew me in initially. I saw the title on the spine in the store, picked it and loved the cover! Read inside flap and was sold.


13.Books you need to read by the end of the year?
Ha! So many! The second Era mistborn trilogy and The Stormlight Archive if I can. I had a whole Summer TBR that just ins't happening at this point.
Like most readers you always make a dedicated reading list for the beginning of the year and then NEVER follow it. But Ill post mine for all the books I added in January but still haven't finished.



Keeper of the Lost Cities - Shannon Messenger
Evermore - Sara Holland (I did NOT like the first one and at this point I just want to read it to get it off my bookshelf)
The Return of the King (Im buddy reading this with a friend so Ill definitely finish this.)
The Storm Runner - J.C Cervantes
Skyward - Brandon Sanderson (funny enough I put this on my list before I even read Mistborn, I was planning this to be my first Sanderson book.)
Children of Blood and Bone - Tomi Adeyemi (I bought this with store credit and because it was so hyped but honestly its so far down my list I could probably remove it entirely)
Seafire - Natalie Parker (Also bought on sale at the store, probably not going to happen this year.)
WarBreaker - Another Sanderson book.
Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare. (I was more interested in this late last year and is now low on my list to finish this series)
The Song of Achilles Madeline Miller
The Tiger's Daughter Rivera Arsenault
Love and Gelato - Jenna Welch (Really wanna read this summer because its such a season book)
An Unkindness of Magicians Kat Howard
The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch (SO HIGH ON MY LIST)
Girls of Paper and Fire - Natasha Ngan (its a pretty big Meh, would probably take this off my list as well)
The Last Wish Andrzej Sapkowski (I would like to get into the Witcher series)
Cinder - Marissa Meyer

I have added so many more books to my shelves since this year has started I should probably remake my 2019 TBR. (Im also mad because I was taking books off my TBR as I read but I wish I kept them so I could compare what I said Id read to what I actually read)

No comments:

Post a Comment