Thursday, June 27, 2019

The Hero Of Ages | Review

"The Life of a person is more than the Chaos of its passing. Emotion, Ruin. This is your defeat."

To reference something topical of the time I am reviewing this I will say Hero of Ages is like Marvels End Game.
You cant believe how they took everything they created, and ended it how it is, masterfully, beautifully.

I have to say the beginning is quite a bit slow, in fact it almost feels like the first half and second half are two different books.
I think its amazing how questions I have forgotten about (because some just seemed too insignificant to think about) were answers. More startling are questions I didn't even know I should have were answered. Some just made me put the book down and stair up in awe, mind blown.

I have had people tell me that the foreshadowing in this series is masterful, and honestly, I now see why and completely agree. The connections that are made from some of the smallest details since the very beginning are astonishing and I am quite in love.

There's so much more I could say, characters, moments, revelations, endings...beginnings. But I will leave this review here, and hope that I can go forth in my life finding people I can truly talk to and connect with about the majesty of this book.





Spoilers:
The Epilogue:
It was really everything. I had to stop every other paragraph to shed tears. Just living in the moment, briefly feeling that these people were real and what they did was real. Sazed, and the rest of the crew essentially in a heaven like state. Him mentioning Elend and Vin and how they were ok with where they were. It just hit me with the impact of what they did, what they went through, all they sacrificed and fought for. Rest indeed is what they deserved.
What hit me even harder is the line about Kelsier and his gift to Spook. Im not too sure why, its kind of like Kelsier was never able to leave our mind he was brought up so much. So this was just a reminder of how much he loved them, and humanity.
This epilogue was quite beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment