Sunday, June 9, 2019

Red, White and Royal Blue | Review

"He takes the chain off his neck and slides the ring on next to the old house key. They clink together gently as he tucks them both under his shirt, two homes side by side."

I didn't expect to get this amazing journey when I first bought this book. When I started buying way too many books I started to make myself at the very least read the first chapter before I put it on my book shelf. Thank goodness I started this because if not it probably would have sat on my bookshelf without being read for who knows how long!!

My point, the first chapter absolutely enraptured me! This book is hilarious, witty , fun, Alex is such a joy to read from!

"He wants to set himself on fire, but he cant afford for anyone to see him burn."

Only  part i don't like is their desperate need not to not just be with each other but to be all over each other. Couples can go out and like look like couples, they dont have to slam each other into hidden rooms to have sex or rub all over each other in public. So some of that drama feels unnecessary, they should just act like bros in public and then in privacy they can be all over each other.

But besides that, that's really it. Everything else was perfect. Every side character was wonderful and unique. There were tears of joy, tears of sadness. Chapter 10 is....everything.

Have you seen those memes or stories of something cute and beautiful in the world and most of the comments are just: "Wholesome." Well...that my initial reaction after this book.

Wholesome.


"Meet you in every dream...Keep most of your heart in Washington...Miss you like a home...We two longing loves...My young King."










No comments:

Post a Comment