Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Alloy of Law | Review

I was nervous to start this series. The Mistborn trilogy was so amazing I felt adding to it might diminish, but honestly it didnt.
Enough time has passed since Hero of Ages that it still felt good. Honestly these are the stories I prefer anyway. I like the smaller scale stories, like The Final Empire, and it was just an enjoyable read and nice to see the outcome and legacy of our wonderful heroes from Mistborn.

I loved that it was shorter that First era so it wasnt much of an undertaking. It so far doesn't have as many deep twists as First Era but still had some surprises. Im just really happy I continued, this is definitely a great book to take with you on vacation, on car rides etc, Its a quick, fun, witty read.

The development of the powers was increible to see. I loved to see how things have changed, and not all questions have been answered.

I definitely recommend this series to any Mistborn First Era fan!

Characters:

Wax was fun. Raw and wholesome. Very competent with a rich history. Morally uplifting with an understanding of how easily you can fall.

Marasi was competent and a refreshing female character. I liked her logic, the way she introduced and slowly built up was intriguing. I cant wait to see more of her in book 2.

Wayne. I mean...chapter 8 was everything. Wayne and Wax were a perfectly entertaining pair. Loved every page they were on.

That last 3rd of the book with the surprise entrance of Ranette was delightful. That gun was so cool to read about, very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment