Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Skyward | Review


This book came to me just in time to prevent a reading slump. I loved this compelling story with real characters and a lot of emotional investment.

I was always thinking, "What is the mystery? What Is The Mystery? WHAT IS THE MYSTERY?" You were able to theorize for so much of  the book as it slowly gave you bread crumbs, it kept you reading more and more. And in normal Sanderson fashion, by the end i was still shocked and in love with the outcome!

Its incredibly sad as the book progresses but it's refreshing to get these stories that aren't perfect where everything is happily ever after for all the characters.

Spen's development is amazing. Maybe its because I haven't read very good ones lately, but seeing her grow and change was just beautiful to read.

OK seriously, how does a "computer" replaying Spens message "Please, I need you." and decide to "rewrite" his programming make me CHOKE UP!? Such good writing Sanderson!

I cant wait for the sequel. I wish at this point I would have waited to read it until closer to its drop!


No comments:

Post a Comment