Thursday, September 26, 2019

Carry On | Review


I haven't really started to reread books yet. Ive only really gotten into heavy reading last year and Ive had too many books to read to go for ones Ive already finished.
But in the spirit of absolutely loving it the first time and its sequel coming out I made the excellent decision to go through it again.

Its still a beautiful story and I flew through it soaking up every moment. I think its beautiful but tragic. One thing I think is nice to talk about is the "happy ending" isnt perfect and Simon reasonably has trauma after the whole ordeal. (Something missing from the series it is always compared to)

Speaking of which: I know its compared to Harry Potter as it's basically is its own take on Harrys story, but its also so vastly different that picking the differences actually makes it all the more better.
The "Hagrid" character actually being one of the most powerful mages is interesting. Theres ofcourse the "Dumbledore" character being very aggressive and a perfect gray character. Its basically if Albus never had his revelation after his sisters incident and he stayed more like Grindelwald.

The way it ended was so interesting and It deviated SO far from Harrys ending I loved it!

I loved Penny and her deep love for Simon. Though i found her annoying I think Agathas character was an interesting point of view to have and I think rounds out the story with her. I even like Baz even though I usually dont go for his type of character. (I definitely stayed away from Draco fan fics)

The book is just fun, cute, witty, and if I haven't said it enough, beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment