Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Best Books of 2018




The Captive Prince Series
Two fantastic main characters. Great plot development and the intellect into how the story progresses from both main character was such a joy. I haven't flown through a series this quick in a long time. Recommend to anyone that is ok with Spartacus style maturity and gay romance.


Strange the Dreamer
Loved following this main character. Laslow is such a modest and just GOOD character. I liked his mind and imagination. I enjoyed the slow build up and suspense of what the mystery to the story was. Although I had some issues with the ending I still immensely enjoyed this book,

Ill Give You the Sun
I dont read too many contemporary novels. This might have been the first of this year but man did I love it. Im an artist so I really enjoyed their actions and passion for art. I was really into one of the siblings story not wanting to change perspectives and then it would flip back 3 pages into a new chapter. Sad, but compelling and beautiful I loved this book.


Carry On
This was a fun one! I liked the idea that you didnt have to know his WHOLE story. Being in his final year of magic school I enjoyed the references to his life I wasn't there for but still felt natural and not over explained. The 3 main characters were a joy and the romance I thought was cute. The suspense of them getting together was definitely worth the wait and the plot twist I thought was fascinating. Recommend to anyone whos a fan of Harry Potter and a cute romance who wants a light hearted read.

Running With Lions
This is coming in on the wire. I finished this right on New Years Eve and I think deserves a spot. Mostly because how much I could relate to this book, The high school angst, the relationships (friends and a little more) the anxiety of your future. Truly wonderful and I enjoyed every minute with Sebastian.

No comments:

Post a Comment