Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Magnus Chase | The Hammer of Thor | Review



For some reason it took me a while to read this book. BUt this seems to happen with all of Riordans books in the past couple of years. But I still 100% enjoy the ride.

This book is dripping in wit and smart humor. I think its good for kids to read humor like this. Its not particularly advanced for "adults" but definitely is a cute witty humor that is quite charming to read.
Some times the Demi god books humor is a little too on the nose or cheesy. But I think it fit quite perfectly with these characters and how they interact.

I always love the diverse characters and stories they bring. Even if I cant relate (for example Alex being fluid and Sam being muslin) But it definitely makes it more interesting and representation in a non harmful manor is good for a younger audition to give them an introduction that people beyond your world exist and is ok.

"I can be very charming" Alex said "and dont worry, it'll be your turn soon."
"To...be charming?"
"That would be impossible " Alex wrinkled her nose in a very sif-like way

I think this novel I liked alot more than the first. I think once a we get past the initial "amateur" book (which is like every first novel of Riodrans) and the characters are more confident and strong my interests is piqued alot more.

Would recommend this to any fan of Riordans series, it wont let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment