Friday, December 28, 2018

Worst Books of 2018

I actually have reviews all of these books on Amazon, Ill link that along with the brief description I write.

1) Ready Player One

This book was mostly boring more than anything else. I wrote in my review how its 99% story and 1% plot. If you know the difference it can be annoying. I felt the references were at least too old for me so i hardly cared. I did NOT like wade, especially at the end where everything is wrapped up a little too perfectly and no struggle.
I know a huge gripe for me was the beginning. Just about 70 pages in and I wanted to drop it. It took forever to get to the clues, it was a slog, and as soon as something epic or interesting happened it immediately dropped off after that. Huge disappointment would not recommend.

Amazon Review

2) Shatter Me and Unravel Me

Ill keep this one short, because the biggest reason was Julliette. She was incredibly unlikable. I cant believe someone built a series around this character. I mainly got it bc I heard its one of the few series that get better with each one. Definitely not the case for me, I thought the 2nd one was worst.
Full reviews will say it, I spent a 30 minute car ride ranting to my roommate when I was done with unravel me. I dont know if Ill get to ignite me...

Amazon Review
Amazon Review

3) The Omega Super Hero Series (just the first 3)

I didn't write a review for the first one because I thought it was just ok, and definitely started off pretty interesting. What I remember liking the most is how detailed he gets with how he uses his power of telekinesis. But oh boy..when we get to the second one it starts going down hill, even worst with the 3rd one which is when I decided to stop after that. I read a synopsis for the 4th book and plan on staying far away from it.
The 2nd has ALOT of illogical plot ideas. Its centered around heroes taking a test to become official heroes. The tests were boring an unimaginative, the worst and more illogical offense is that heroes can ACTUALLY  die while taking the test even though most of it was simulation/ holograms. They couldn't make a less life threatening simulation?
The 3rd one...it was WAY too long. I think less stuff happens in this book than the first or second and this one is longer. They throw in a "chosen one" plot and the ending is ridiculous with hero jesus protecting the city. Dont recommend the series at all.
I mainly started this series because I like super hero. But this and some other books have turned me off from Hero novels. Ill write a whole other blog for that later.

4) Air Awakens

So I think the biggest thing to take away from this book (which I stopped halfway through PG 171 of 325) is that the Story/plot she wrote for this character does NOT fit the character she presented. Ill explain as simply as this: Vhalla is a commoner "intelligent" book worm who discovers she is a sorcerer with great powers. Heres the biggest problem:
She is not incredibly powerful because she is "smart" or because shes read about magic before it even manifests. Nope shes just really strong because thats what author wrote it for and is some kind of chosen one, the first airbender to be born in 150 years. 
This is the first book I DNFd. I didn't even feel like summing up my thoughts on it so this is an exceprt from my review. For the full thing : here .


Well those are my Worst Books of 2018! Agree? Disagree? Let me know!











No comments:

Post a Comment