Thursday, December 27, 2018

The Captive Prince Trilogy Review

This series epically surprised me. I originally decided to take a look at this because I heard it was quite controversial so I really wanted to see what I would think of it.
To be honest, I dont see the issue with it that much. The first thing that came to my mind in comparison is the Stars tv show Spartacus. If you can stomach that than this book isnt a big deal.
I really enjoyed these characters. If you are aware enough, Laurents actions in the first book do have a hint of his past and you KNOW that something is there.
Of course, later you figure out so much back story to Laurent and really understand why things played out the way they did.
In my opinion I really liked Laurent and Damen as a couple. I very much enjoyed following Damens point of view as a strong, honest, and just Good character. One of my favorite characters are intellectual and strategic characters making Laurent equally enjoyable.
The ending of the trilogy definitely wrapped up a little too quickly and too smoothly but it didnt tarnish my over all opinion.
If you like a good plot of intrigue, romance (a fair amount of smut in 2nd and 3rd book) and great characters I recommend picking this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment