Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Reflection | Review

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.

This is a great example why I love books. You get that extra insight being into their head. It really feels ripped straight from the movie and put on to page. I loved the little nods, like Shang smirking as he rubbed his chin when Mulan kicked him, and Yao's purple, bruised eye.
I just really like the beginning and how it set you up to feel like you were still following along the Disney Animation.

I feel like it hit the major points and did it well. Her reveal was done well and THANKFULLY, Shang "disowning" is also played well and not dragged out. I like how even after she reveals herself she doesn't have full confidence and security yet, she still has growing to do.

I think it's exactly what we'd want out of an "addition" to the Disney movie! There's not much more to go into. :)


All of life is a dream walking, all of death is a going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment