Monday, August 19, 2019

Know Your Books | Challenge

- Without looking at the description, tell us what the book is about!
8 13
Storm Glass


My Answer-A story of two lands one in the sky that uses magic and a surface realm where they don't have magic...thats about as far as I remember.
Verified Answer- I was basically right, I just didnt add in the two characters trying to live in their opposite sides.
I consider this a win!
-Without looking it up, what is the genre of this book?
4 11
Cinder


My Answer - Scifi
Verified Answer- GoodReads categorized as YA Fantasy/Sci, so another Win!
- Without looking at the book, tell us what is on the cover!
6 16
The Floating Islands


My Answer- Well this one is quite easy, there is the image of floating islands over the water.
Verified Answer- In the picture above. Thats 3 in a row!
- Without looking it up, what is the main character's name?
10 4
Priory of the Orange Tree


My Answer- Unfortuantly Ive never read it, so I have no idea.
Verified Answer- According to GoodReads I think there is 2. Ead Duryan and TanĂ© 

- Without looking, name a side character!
4 5
Name of the Wind


My Answer-Unfortunatly I have no idea. Havent read it, from what I heard I barely know the main character, who I will not probably mispell - Kuaf???
- Guess how many pages the book has without looking! (If you guess 25 below or 25 above the number, you can count it as a win!)
2 14
Red Rising

My Answer- It really doesnt seem that big Im gonna guess 315
Verified Answer- Ouch..388, my bad.
- Without looking it up, what rating did you give this book? If you land on a book you haven't read, pick a new set of numbers.
4 15
Strange the Dreamer

My Answer- Definitly a 5 stars.
Verified Answer- Goodreads says I did indeed give it a 5 star!
- Without looking, where does this book take place?
10 16
Dwarves

My Answer- Girdlegard (Technically I cheated because I asked my roommate because its his book he LITERALLY just bought.)
Verified Answer- He was right! Though I did cheat on the spelling initially. I owe this to my strict regiment of any new book we buy we HAVE to read the first chapter before it goes on the shelf. 

- Without looking, what are the parent's names?
7 3
School of Good and Evil

My Answer- I literally have no idea. I assume Prince Charming and Queen...Lily?
Verified Answer- Eh it didnt tell me in the Goodreads description and I didnt want to dig more than that.
- Without looking at the hardback, what color is the book under the dust jacket?
9 5
Top Ten


My Answer- White
Verified Answer- Hm..its black, didnt see that coming.
- Without looking, is there anything on the hardback? Like an imprint or an image of some sort?
10 9
Angelology


My Answer- Its an older book so Im going to say no.
Verified Answer- In silver letters its the Authors initials...this irritates me.
- Without taking the dust jacket off, what is the color of the font on the hardback?
9
What if Its Us


My Answer-....Orange. I think.
Verified Answer- Nope. its blue.
- Without looking do the chapters have titles or are they just numbered?
1 10
+Anima


My Answer- Im thinking yes.
Verified Answer- Yup, labled with number and a title!
- Without looking at the book cover, does it have an award on it?
8 11
The Dark Mage


My Answer- Im pretty sure this is self published book that I found on a whim so Im going to say no.
Verified Answer- I was right, no awards.
- Without looking, does this book have any author blurbs on the front cover?
7 1
NeverMoor



My Answer- Im going to say Yes.
Verified Answer- I was wrong, there was not.
- Without looking, does the book have a description on the back?
2 10
Muse of Nightmares


My Answer- Im really thinking no since its hardback and they almost never do.
Verified Answer- Crap, I was wrong. It does.
- Without looking, does this book have an author photo?
9 21
Reign of the Earth


My Answer- Im going to say yes.
Verified Answer - It does indeed.
- Without looking it up, is this author using a pen name?
5 1
Clockwork Angel


-My Answer- Cssandra Clare? I dont think Ive ever heard somone say anything else. But at the same time when all that tea was going around about her fanfiction history I feel like she would have published it under a different name...Final Answer is she IS using a pen name.
Verified Answer-That was a close one, I was right. Her name is Judith Lewis.

- Without peaking, what POV is this book written in? 1st or 3rd?
2 4
Wicked Saints

My Answer- 3rd person, though I have no idea I havent read it and this was before I decided to read the first chapter of every book I got.
Verified Answer- It is indeed 3rd person.
- Without looking are there any pictures or graphics in this book?
4 2
Strange the Dreamer

My Answer- No, I doubt it. There is probably a map, I dont know if that counts.
Verified Answer- No picture, not even a map.
- Without looking, does it have an epilogue?
3 15
Seafire


My Answer- I think this is a stand alone, so Im going to say no.
Verified Answer- It does not.
- Without looking, does this book have a prologue?
2 21
We Hunt the Flame


My Answer- Luckily this is one of my "read first chapter" books. So Im like 99% sure there was no prologue.
Verified Answer- No prologue :)
- Without looking, is this book signed?
5 13
Atlas Shrugged


My Answer- I was kinda hoping Id get one of my Owl Crate books for this since they always have them signed, but no this isnt signed.
Verified Answer- Not signed.
- Without looking, do the page numbers have a design above or below them or none at all?
9 12
Ship It


My Answer- Going to guess no.
Verified Answer- It does not!
- Without looking, do the chapter headers have designs on them?
2 1
Wicked Saints

My Answer- Im thinking Yes
Verified Answer- The letters are kinda fancy..does that count?
- Without looking, are the acknowledgements in the front or the back of the book?
8 2
Spin the Dawn


My Answer-....the back?
Verified Answer- They ARE in the back!
- Without looking, what year was this book published?
7 4
The Alchemyst

My Answer- OOoooh lord is this book old. Im going to say 2001
Verified Answer- Whoops not that old. May 22nd 2007
- Without looking, what year did you read this book?
2 14
Black Wings Beating

My Answer- Easy, this year 2019.
Verified Answer- May 7, 2019. Good thing I didnt get Harry Potter or something, though I have no Idea how I would verify it.

No comments:

Post a Comment