Thursday, January 2, 2020

New Year Book Tag

Question 1. How many books do you want to read?
Last year I crushed my reading goal of 19 by reading 43 books. I was unsure if I thought I could do more this year but am hoping I can atleast match it. So in honor of 2020 my goal will be to read 20+20=40 books!

Question 2. What 5 books did you not get to in 2019 that you want to make a priority in 2020?
1. This is probably cheating since I already started it, but The Lies of Locke Lamora were ALL over my 2019 TBR and I never got to it. So it's literally the first book of 2020 Im reading!
2. Similarly I'm getting to Sandersons first book, and have already started: Elantris.
3. Sticking with Sanderson my 3rd book is Warbreaker. It was actually going to be the FIRST Sanderson book I ever read, and planned to read in 2019. But I discovered Mistborn and everything just kind snowballed from there. Im currently caught up on all his big series (Stormlight and Mistborn both era's) So I figured I'd finally get to his smaller stuff.
4. Speaking of which. Skywards sequel Starsight came out...never got around to. So that ones on the list.
5. You thought I was done with Sanderson? Not quite. I spent the better part of 2 years trying to find a decent Superhero themed novel. So far no such luck. Steelheart by Sanderson is my shining beacon of hope. I never got to it last year so Im looking forward to finally starting it.
Honorable mentions since 4 of my books were all Sanderson: 4th book of Apollo (Tyrants Tomb) by Riordan. And Red Skies Falling, sequel to Black Wings Beating by Alex London.

Question 3. What Genre do you want to read more of?
Probably still sticking with fantasy. Ive never given too much thought to genre. If it counts I SHOULD get around to alot of graphic novels I have, but hadnt really considered them when making my TBR.

Question 4. 3 non-book related goals in 2020?
1. Finish editing my novel and hopefully publish it. I know its technically book related. But I think they meant "reading" related and this is my BIGGEST goal of 2020 and have to put it in here.
2. Stick to my diet/ lose weight. I need to take better care of myself and I havent been happy with my body lately. I gotta change that around!
3. Work more on my art. I would really like to better myself. Understand programs better, make art Im really proud of!

Question 5. Whats a book you've had forever you still need to read?
Peter and the Sword of Mercy. Book 4 in Peter and the Starcatchers series. I started this series probably a decade and a half ago when my friend owned them. I bought all 4 of them myself about 5 years ago. But I never reread them and still have yet to get to book 4.


Question 6. One word you hope 2020 will be?
Successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment