Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Words of Radiance | Review

Words of Radiance was fantastic. Im actually surprised by how I usually hear people prefer book one over this one.

Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2)
I think I mostly like this one because it felt like SO much was happening. The first book felt long and dragged out. In this one it felt like every page and chapter something was happening, characters intentions or past's were revealed.

I personally thought Shallon's flash backs were more compelling than Kaladin's and absolutely fell in love with her in this one. I love her skills, I love how she used them, I loved how competent she was.

There's so much I want to praise about this book, but its mostly just all the story elements so that'd be spoiler territory.

I only really have one negative thing to say and that is Kaladin. He bugged me so much in the beginning and middle of this book. The way he treated everyone. Im definitely biased because Adolin was one of my favorites from book one and I hated how Kaladin treated him. It personally diminished his moments in the end, but I eventually got over it so I could appreciate the awesome ending Sanderson made.

I really recommend to anyone following the series, as I liked it better than the first and just get ready to have SO much revealed! It was so exciting.

There's alot of spoilers we could discuss but I really just wanted to bring up two:

Ive heard hints that Shallon, Kaladin and Adolin get into a love triangle, you can easily see it forming in this one. This greatly has me cautioned against the third as I've also heard so far its the weakest.

Holy shit, Adolin killing Sadeus! That was fckn satisfying.  I really hope it doesn't have some moral consequence's going forward. It will make rereading quite annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment