Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Black Wings Beating | REVIEW

My journey for this book started with its spine. I saw the name in the book store, "Black Wings Beating". Thought thats a pretty cool name. So I picked it up. Saw that cover, Hot DAMN! What a gorgeous cover. Read the flap, really interesting world/ plot idea, LGTB representation. Instant buy for me. And I definitely didnt regret it.

I really enjoyed this book! The two main characters were VERY compelling, I love the siblings bond and actions for each other. My heart ached for Brysen, SO. MUCH. This guy was so relatable and realistic, I think he was VERY well written and hope he comes back in a MAJOR way in the sequel and its not just completely focused on his sisters powers.
I really enjoyed how the book was broken up, switching between sibling perspective with a quick look at the enemy at the end of each perspective.
I also wanna say that I think the author did a good job of having ALOT of avian comparisons or analogies. similes w/e and they fit really well and didnt seem cliched for a book about birds.

My favorite part is the reason WHY the characters are going on this quest. And my hint about it will be in the final sentence of this book.
I LOVE this book, highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment