Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Everless | Review


I very much liked the beginning of this book. I thought the motivations for the character were compelling and logical (which isnt the norm I feel for YA novels).
I dont really have much to say between the beginning and the end, because that is one of the main reason I didnt care for this book, not a lot happens.
Its a slow pace until the last 100 pages or so when she starts throwing SO much explanation/ twists. Another reason why it got a 3 star is i really didn't care for a lot for the twists or how they were given to us.
I reserve my 3 star reviews for books I dont like, but see the merit in why others may have enjoyed.
The rest of the review is spoilers about how I feel about certain events that happened. 

**SPOILER**
-The Roan and Liam outcome I thought was pretty obvious. Which made how she acted to Roan cringey and Liam down right infuriating. However I did like how Liam did what he did on purpose to protect her. I just think it could have been written better.
-I feel the way she is the "Alchemist" seems a bit convoluted, but still fairly interesting. I did predict that the Alchemist is the "good" guy and sorceress bad.
I thought the Caro twist was just...dumb. I figured she wasnt all she said she was, but I feel like if you reread the book with that knowledge it still wouldn't show. I mean..being Inas servant? Telling her to keep an eye on Roan? Why would the sorceress care about what Roan is doing? I just didnt care for IF Caro was the main bad guy I dont think the author set it up right.
Lastly I really didnt care for the Cliffhanger. It happens so fast its like whiplash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment