Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Dragon Pearl | Review



This one took me a while to get through. It wasn't too bad but the middle and end dragged so much it really was hard to finish. I liked the often use of her powers and how she used them. Its pretty rare that magical powers are used alot. I just finished a book last month where the main character had illusion powers and she barely used them. It made the book all the more irritating, but Dragon Pearl definitely avoided that.

There are some discussions to have on the book, like how selfish Min was, and how she really had no consequences for any decisions or actions she made. I felt like it could have spent more time on the morality of her choices or how her people were treated. I suppose it is geared more for kids, but to be honest I dont think enough exciting things even happened to recommend to a kid.

Lastly Ill touch on the end, which is really thrown in very quickly. I would say Im dissapointed that there wasnt much elaborated on in the end, but I think I was just happy for it to be over. I would have edited out the middle section and had her rewrite the end.

Id recommend to anyone who has an itch for Chinese mythology and a fan of Riordans books. I gave it 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment