Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Kingdom Hearts

"May your heart be your guiding key"'


I have 3 sources of pure love for pop culture in my life. That is Avatar the Last Airbender, Harry Potter, and lastly, and the subject of this blog: Kingdom Hearts.


My reading is definitely taking a nosedive for a couple of weeks due to the KH3 release. Ill make a formal review later but here I just wanted to discuss what makes Kingdom Hearts so great to me.

Growing up I wasnt very close with my family. I moved half way across the country from any extended family and that left me with just a my mom, dad and sister. Honestly any teenager can probably relate to not being close to their family growing up even if there arent issues, thats just adolescence. But to me that means Friends were everything.
Playing through Soras adventure really impressed on my young imaginative mind the idea of an unbreakable connection to your friends. I liked the passion that went into the game and the bond of these characters. Ive always been a Disney fan too. Its cute to play through the worlds and see the characters you love as you help them and create relationship with them. Its really how I used to live as I grew up. School, work, wherever I went I liked to make friends and bring them together. Bonds with humans is one of the most interesting things and something I think about alot. Sora does too.

Alot of my writing is based around strong bonds with characters and the intangible feeling of ones "heart".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment